Cyber Crime Police Station
The Cyber Police Station, Kerala has started its functioning since 01.07.2009 which has been created with an objective to investigate serious and complicated Cyber crimes, which otherwise could not be properly investigated by the local police for want of technical expertise. The SHO of Cyber PS is an officer of the rank of DySP and is being supervised by SP Crimes under the overall command of ADGP Crimes. The Station House Officer, Cyber Police Station is empowered to register FIRs, conduct further investigation and to lay final reports before the Court.
Vide GO (Ms) No.66/2011/Home Dated 28.02.2011 the Government of Kerala designate the Chief Judicial Magistrate Court, Thiruvananthapuram as the Special Court for the trial of Cyber Crime cases registered in the Cyber Police Station.
The offences currently being investigated in the Cyber Police Station are as follows
- Theft of Source Code
- Cyber Terrorism
- Hacking of websites
- Hacking of Bank accounts and email ids
- Creation, Publishing and Sharing of Child Pornography
- Tampering with Computer Source documents
- Social media abuse which may result in serious consequences
- Complicated Cyber offences done through Smart phones